Friday, June 14, 2013

The Only Way to a Miracle




Die? I gasp, suddenly transported back to reality.

Yep,
 he sighs, no other way. Sometimes I wish there were… From the way he sounds, I wonder if he is talking about something other than zucchini and tomatoes. Unless the little seed is willing to lay down in the ground and die...the miracle won't happen.  He suddenly interrupts himself, and motions with his hand,

Let’s get to work.

I follow him slowly in a funeral procession for the bunch of little seeds. He turns my vegetable garden into a small burial plot for broccoli, squash, basil and cilantro and proceeds with the flowers. My face is so long it drags along the grass as I drag my feet behind. We make small signs and put them next to the neatly sown rows. For some reason, I feel like crying. 

How can something that's supposed to be happy and festive turn into something so depressing and sad?!!!

What’s up?
 He lifts his head and looks at my morose body parts sprawled all across the lawn. I am a dirge incarnate. He shakes his head and bursts into laughter,


Cheer up, you silly goose, this is not about death… This is about LIFE, real life, more life than you could ever imagine. This death is just a passage into life … that is Life indeed.

He could have given me a lecture on quantum physics with more success of actually getting through. But this... this talk about life through death?!!! How can something dead become alive again?!!! 



Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Jn 12:24

For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. Luke 9:23-25


No comments: