Monday, April 14, 2014

LifeSaver for All






Mo and I stare at open the box, the realization slowly dawning on both of us that we might have overlooked something extremely important… 

All this time, we have been sorely underestimating the dear cost of the sweet treasures which was necessary for somebody else to pay...

All this time, we have even more deeply underestimated the heart of the Giver, the Father of Mercies and God of all comfort...  and the prodigious extravagance of His free offer.

Every one who thirsts, come Isaiah 55:1

No questions asked.

… to all who received Him, to those who believed that He was who He claimed to be, He gave the right to become children of God... John 1:11-13

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God... I John 3:1

...therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need... Hebrews 4:16

I look at Mo.  

He looks back at me. 


Then I look down at the box still sitting in my lap.

I pick out Almond Joy and hold it out.  It’s my favorite.

He shakes his sand-storm head, No. 

My heart sinks into my feet, but then he adds,

Actually, I am not big on chocolate.  I prefer LifeSaver. The sour gummy flavor. 

I laugh, my heart swooping back up into my chest.

Hmmm...I like that. I say, The sour kind? I think I’ll go for the sour LifeSaver too.

No comments: