Monday, June 11, 2012

CopyCat 007 - Filial Relationships... The Many Faces of Love Part 6

Not for Babies or Weak-stomach Vegetarians or Vegans

Having pushed a pause button for a few minutes, exhaling and inhaling several times until I feel my breathing is slowly returning to normal, my brain is once again thinking somewhat clearly, I assess the passage again. I have found that my worked-up emotions tend to interfere with my ability to discern and understand the truth, so whenever I sense them bubbling up, I know it's time for 'pause' button.

Giving the passage the second look, suddenly, I see... I see that there is a lot of thick, juicy red meat in this passage. No baby food, like milk and rice cereal. No one can tell by looking at me, but I admit that I love red meat... I am quite a carnivore, you know... I like sinking my teeth into a nice chunk of solid protein, pig protein being my favorite, especially when well-seasoned and thrown on the BBQ...

So, I start engaging my wild imagination and reflecting on what would life look like if those who profess to know Christ started actually living out His words...

The very first thing that comes to my mind (since I am a MOM!) is that this could downright dangerous!

Not to mention, CRA-ZY!

But the third thought actually surprises even me! Which is... that perhaps, just perhaps, this could also be

ABSOLUTELY,

OUTRAGEOUSLY

BEAUTIFUL, and

WONDERFUL, AND...

FUN!!!

And, that maybe, it is not Jesus' words that are giving us spiritual indigestion. Not at all! Perhaps what is giving us all this digestive troubles as we take in God's Word is ....

No comments: