Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Resurrection 101 - The Time is Now!




It must have been amazing for the apostles to spend those 40post-resurrection days with Jesus.

Jesus walking with them along the road to Emmaus.


Jesus cooking breakfast for them on the beach.

Jesus healing their broken hearts and disbelieving, distracted minds.

Jesus speaking the Scriptures to them while their hearts burned with understanding and passion and revelation.

Jesus – Emmanuel. God who is near.  

God right now.  

God right here.

It’s a good place to be.  I want to pitch my tent and stay in the ‘right here’ and ‘right now’, just like Peter did on the Mount of Transfiguration.

I finally see what I’ve been missing all along.  I finally get it. I am ready for action, Lord!

Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6

The disciples saw what they needed to see.  They heard what they needed to hear. They got all the proof anyone could ever ask, and now they were ready.  In their minds, the timing was perfect. 

The Time is Now. 

Jesus doesn't appear to hesitate in pouring a bucket of ice-cold water over their red-hot enthusiasm.

It is not for you to know the times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority. Acts 1:7

What?!!!

It is not for you to know the times or epochs…

In other words, you are not in charge of timing.  And neither am I.

And if this causes disappointment, if this causes anguish, if this causes faltering, it simply shows I am not quite where I need to be.  I am still playing God.  I am still trying to be in charge.  I am still calculating and manipulating. I am still trying to live this incredible God-life by my own power. 

No comments: