Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Making of a Pharisee - When the Means Become the End



In the days that follow, I notice every splat, speck of dirt, muddy footprint left on the clean surface.  It is impossible to keep up with the steady flow of filth invading our property. I feel quite overwhelmed and must go for a walk to clear my head.  As I go around the neighborhood, I can’t help but notice the checkered condition of the driveways on our street.

This one is clean.

Dirty.

Mediocre.

Dirty. Clean.  Dirty.  Dirty. OMG – this one is a health hazard!

Never before have I noticed any of this, and now I am doing it without even trying! It’s coming to me quite naturally. Before I know it I’ve become the self-appointed neighborhood driveway police. The moral judgment attached to the assessment goes without saying. 
 
Clean – good. 

Dirty – bad.

Health hazard – very, very bad.

I get back home, feeling worse than before I left.

What’s wrong with me?!!! I wonder, my eyes peeled to the ground. I am at my front door, hand on the knob when my eyes meet the seal unearthed several weeks ago from under the decades thick layers of grime. 


Pulte
Master Builder 

No comments: