Thursday, May 02, 2013

Resurrection 101 - Made For More... Much More



Preposterous as this illustration of unlimited access to the Buckingham palace and the Queen of England moving in to live with me may be, it doesn’t come even close to doing justice to the reality of what God has actually done on our behalf through Christ.

The unlimited, 24-7 access to the Throne of God:

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16

Our home, our body - Divine residence:

I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:16-18

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. John 14:23

I look at this and I have to scratch my head, and wonder what the heck is wrong with me, for I seem to be much more inclined to spend my time doing anything but take advantage of this unlimited access, which is also called prayer. In fact, I welcome the distractions as if unloading the dishwasher is an urgent priority that can't wait until I hear from God!

But, as I pursue the distractions, as I pursue the illusion of life carefully choreographed on the Facebook pages of my friends or people I don't even know,  in that process, I also notice how my life shrivels up, my soul is diminished and my spirit sags, leaving me empty at best, and full of greed and discontent at worst.

Could it be that this is the Spirit's way of telling me that I am created for much more than what I am living?

That my soul's thirst is designed by God and can never be satisfied by anything but God and God alone?

No comments: