Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Be Kind - Rewind





Back in February, I started a series on life and gardening, the first entry published under the title I Can Quit Any Time. The story was spawned in the context of my first ever Lental fast.  From day to day, I begun to realize that this story is taking a life of its own and my job was to do my best to follow along.

Well into the story, about two weeks before Easter, I decided I needed to push a pause button on the Dummy's adventures with the Gardener from Outer Space and follow Jesus along during His last couple of weeks before Easter  I had all the intentions of resuming the Gardener story right after Easter.  But, as my stories tend to assume a life of their own, this one also proved me wrong. I realized I simply couldn't stop with Easter! Easter  isn’t the end, but just a beginning.  Plus there were too many loose ends, too much unfinished business left by the events leading up to Good Friday and Glorious Sunday that I felt I had to stick around and see what will happen next. So begun the sequel to the Final Weeks of Jesus titled Resurrection 101.

My sticking around, mostly with the apostle Peter, turned out to last for more than fifty days. These correspond to the time Christ spent with His disciples post-resurrection, leading up to the day of His Ascension all the way to the day of Pentecost. The day which marks a dramatic change in human history, commenced by the coming of the Holy Spirit to live inside all believers. This might be the most revolutionary truth (obviously after the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ), which forever changed the balance of power in our lives in God's favor. I could spend the rest of my life writing about the all-important role of the Holy Spirit. 

However, I believe now is the time shift gears and resume pretty much with the very same topic but with a little different slant. The time to say good-bye to Peter, and go back to the Dummy and the Gardener from Outer Space. 

No comments: