Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Resurrection 101 - Who Placed the Queen Under House Arrest?


I must warn you that one has absolutely no idea what might happen next after he or she invites the Queen into their house.  Most of us would agree that there is a vast difference between an occasional, or even frequent trips to the Buckingham palace to talk to the Queen there, and the moment the Queen knocks on the front door of my in-much-need-of-repair home and I invite her to come in. To move in with us!

I would call the latter positively life-changing. My home is now a royal residence. 

My home??? 

Royal residence?!!! You gotta be kidding me!

But, what if it's not a joke and what if it's not a prank? If this is for real, I know that my life could never remain the same. This is going to affect just about everything I do, the choices I make and more importantly how I go about living my puny little insignificant life, now with the Queen of England under my roof.

Of course, there is always that option, after inviting the Queen in, to decide she is not quite up to my expectations, not quite up to my demands and specifications. I can, for example, choose to lock her up in the attic, or even better inside the laundry room (God knows there is an ever-growing mountain of dirty clothes piled up there to occupy her for a lifetime).

So, the Queen may still live with with us, but I prefer to keep her under house arrest.

Not that I - or anybody that I know - would ever dream of doing anything crazy like that!

But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way: I’ll live in them, move into them; I’ll be their God and they’ll be my people. 2 Corinthians 6:16 

No comments: