Saturday, February 09, 2013

Alphabet of Love – Z is for… Z, as in A-Z



The end of the matter is better than its beginning… Ecclesiastes 7:8

Beginnings are easy. My garage is overflowing with great start-ups accumulating dust.

All you need for a good beginning is an idea, an inspiration, a bunch of good intentions and a little bit of adrenaline.  The chemistry is sufficient to launch just about anything into stratosphere.

But for the rocket to orbit the earth, it will take more than just a chemical reaction. More than a vision.

And this is where most of us get tripped up.  The long, dusty, tedious road between the vision and the fulfillment. Life happens on that road.  Life is that road.  Littered with dead dreams, disappointment and disillusionment.  We tumble down from the Mount of Transfiguration crash landing into demon-possessedvalley

This is not according to well-advertised happily ever after script!

The descent into reality is a natural and necessary, albeit excruciating part of growing up and maturing.  However, most of us interpret it as a sign to quit, give up, move on.  The pain of staying is too great.  The cost too high.

Did God miscalculate something? Should I be looking for the Plan B?

Questions.

Doubts.

As confusing parts of my story may be to me, I realize it’s only a component of a much greater story.  The story that started before I was even born, and it doesn’t end with me.  Being the control-freak that I am, this can be rather unnerving.  But, if I know the Author, if I trust the Writer, the One who is The Beginning and the Ending, The A and The Z, I can rest in His love and sovereignty, I can trust His wisdom and His story-telling power to bring all our stories to the desired conclusion… in the end.

I am the Alpha and the Omega (the A and the Z), says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.  Revelation 1:8

I am the first and the last, and the living One; I was dead and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades Revelation 1:17,18

I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

JulieS said...

Gordana! I love this alphabet concept! And strangely enough, I started with your Z post. Ha! A little unconventional, I guess.

I love what you said about my story starting before I was born and not ending with me. I really can trust Him to bring my story to the desired conclusion -- His desired conclusion. Phil. 1:6... so true. So true.