Saturday, July 06, 2013

Growth - Dogs and Ponies, Short and Sweet




With that, she stands up and explains that she is running late for an important appointment.

Always so busy around here.  I am not sure if the statement is intended as an apology, an expression of regret or something akin to bragging. But I can introduce you to Mr. Plank on your way out.  He'll help you with your workshop booth. He is also assisting with the set-up of the dog and the pony training workshops.  Your little deal is right between those two. 

She opens the door and smiles again. Picking up on her subtle cue, I grab the stack off her desk on the way out and follow her as she swiftly navigates the maze of stairs and hallways. We find Mr. Plank hammering away, my booth almost finished.


We just need to accessorize, and it will be simply perfect.  Just remember to keep it short and sweet, says Mrs. Flowers as a form of good-bye.  I watch her back as she briskly walks off to her important meeting.

I chat briefly with Mr. Plank, watch the dogs and the ponies do their amazing tricks with their trainers, wondering if I should bring my kids to their training school. Then I head home unable to put my finger on the bag of mixed feelings that settled over me like a storm-pregnant cloud.

I put the stack of index cards and my print-offs on my cluttered desk and sink my face into the palms of my hands.






No comments: