Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Growth - The Day When All Miracles Lost Their Appeal is the Day When a True Miracle Occurs


But it goes beyond, far beyond that.

For not only do I see that apart from Him I can do nothing, accomplish nothing...With the stack of cue cards scattered all over my cluttered desk, I realize that apart from Him, I don't even want a miracle.  

I don't care a squat for a picture-perfect miracle-gro blooms-on-steroids garden if it doesn't have... 

...His fingerprints all over the old beat-up garden hose and the shovel;


...His footprints on the dirt and the manure; 

if I don't hear His voice in the song of the rain and the wind

and His laughter in the rustling in the grass and leaves. 

And with that crisp realization immediately comes another.

I have a very difficult conversation ahead of me.

For, apparently, there was a huge misunderstanding between Mrs. Flowers and me, and a boatload of assumptions on my part and hers, and before I can do anything else, before I can proceed any further I must clarify this misunderstanding and ensure we are all at least in the same book and the chapter if not on exactly the same page.

So, I pick up the phone and dial her number. 

No comments: