Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Special Thank-You from Your Intergallactic Communication Center Team

After last posting, if you are still reading this blog, I thought you deserve a special recognition and a personal thank you from the Intergallactic Communications Command Center.

If this is the first time you are reading this blog, you can stop now. What follows will not make any sense to you, since it is kind of an insider joke.

First of all, thank you, you two Russians who have stuck out with me. Do hold onto that bottle of vodka (and perhaps send one my way!), for we might be needing it in the pages to come - as a disinfectant, of course... what else?? In story-telling, just as in life, sometimes it has to get worse, before it gets better. Our Slavic soul strings must recognize and resonate with each other...

To the outside-the-box German reading this blog - I salute you swimming against the flow up this narrow stream. You are in the great company of some other amazing Germans who have also resisted the pull and the pressure of culture around them and followed Jesus when everybody else turned around and went down the easy path. Too bad the 'other' German got all the attention... at least in this world.


To the lonely Indian, I so empathize with you, my dear friend, and I love your warped sense of humor... Thank you for hanging in with me.

To the three Americans (my good friend Susan who I can always count on, being one of the three) - you, my dears, might be living in a wrong country... or perhaps on a wrong planet. You are my true crazy heros! You are a daily reminder to me that, despite all the propaganda stating the contrary, our God is as involved, and active and mightily working in the USA as in all those other places we only hear about...

No comments: