Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Self-Absorbed Psychopath, Communist-Era Birocrat, Hard-Hearted Tyrant or …? Crossing the Intergallactic Communication Wires...

Of course, some of us, who like arguments for arguments’ sake would object,

What kind of self-absorbed psychopath would expect me to shelf everything, put my cell phone on vibrate – or even turn it off altogether, God forbid! - and twiddle my thumbs for eternity waiting for him to shed his pearls of wisdom?!!! Get a life! Which planet do you live on?!!!


Fair enough. Either God is a self-absorbed psychopath, or, as we have already ascertained regarding His ways, there might be a method to His madness. Which also might explain

His often inexplicable silences (for I don’t think He is deaf, and He certainly couldn’t be snoozing with all the clamor in His front yard);

His callous disregard for the shopping list I most respectfully submit to His desk on semi-regular basis (this, in particular, reminds me of dealing with communist-era birocrats!);

His seemingly hard-hearted refusal to answer our earnest, even desperate prayers when it is clearly in His power to do something;

His strangely hands-offish approach to governing the world He created that is precariously spinning out of control while He is taking vacation in some perfect galaxy far, far away…

I could go on and on and on… but, I won’t because I know that the Complaint Line in front of God’s main gate is already too long, and I hate waiting in lines.

So, if we try again… I know I am pushing the envelope here asking some of you twice in two days, but please bear with me just this one last time…

What if we are to give God the benefit of the doubt and say that He is...

NOT a self-absorbed psychopath satisfying some sick need within Himself for the dried out crumbs of our approval and attention;

NOT some cosmic communist-era birocrat making us jump through millions of hoops in an impossible quest for satisfying some mindless, anal standard of perfection;

NOT a callous-hearted tyrant enjoying His vacation while the rest of us go to hell...

I know this is a mental yoga stretching exercise for some of us that might pull a muscle or two, so be careful and try it at your own risk (this is probably the only warning/ disclaimer I am going to give you - if this is too much for you, take courage, it was never meant to be for you! Go back and enjoy your Pinterest).

The rest of us may take deep breath and resume now...

But, if God is NOT that, then WHY the heck is He doing it?!!! What in the world is He after with this strange, unconventional, outside-the-box, even crazy approach to His straying humanity?

No comments: