Saturday, June 07, 2014

The Law of Turned Tables




I want to consider myself a good mom, but my children have a way of blocking my goal.

When I suggest that I meet with the principal, my 5th grader wipes her face and says:

No. You are not going to do that.  There is nothing you can do.  It’s done. Finished.  I have to deal with it.

What do you mean, ‘It’s a done deal.  It’s not a done deal until I deal with it. And I AM going to deal with it alright!

Mom.  There is nothing there for you to do. I am going to deal with it.

It’s that moment when your child does exactly what you’ve been telling them to do all their life… stuff like,

God works all things together for good for those who love Him… or

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

Or,…


Except that this time you don’t want them to do it.  You want to step in. You want to protect. You want to straighten the path, right the wrongs and not allow the innocent to suffer as the result of your or anyone else’s incompetence or lack-of-forward-thinking decisions.

No comments: