Tuesday, January 01, 2013

In the Beginning...The Alphabet of Love




In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.  In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-5

What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life - and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us -what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete. I John 1:1-4

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Revelation 1:17-18

In the beginning – God.
In the beginning – the Word.
From the beginning – the Word of Life that became human being
Alfa and Omega
The First and the Last

What a relief to know when I open my eyes each morning, when I greet a new day, a new week, a new year – God is already there. It doesn’t start with me. Or you.  It starts with Him… we enter into His Story.  A story that is unfolding before our eyes.  A story with a purpose.  An Alphabet of Life, writing your story and mine.  The A and The Z. A as Abba.  A as... Atonement.  But, it doesn’t stop there.  It’s only the beginning that encompasses everything in between.

Including B – for Birth, and Betrayal.

C – for the Cross and the Crown.

D – for Death and Deliverance….

What story it will be as we open up this new chapter? W Let’s enter into His story with open hearts and open hands, looking expectantly to what He will write with the pen of our lives. 

No comments: