Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spiritual Formation 101 – Love and Hate, Truth and Pain

I feel tectonic plates shifting under my toes so I do what I do best when I sense tectonic plates shifting under my toes. I change the subject.

How do you know the difference?


The difference? Between true love and ‘looooove’?


Nooo! I laugh at the way he says loooove. I mean how do you know which weeds to pull and which to leave in the ground? Yesterday you told me to leave the weeds alone. Today I caught you red-handed pulling weeds in my yard. What am I supposed to do – pull them or leave them? Is there a manual I can read?

I heard you don’t read manuals. And I know that following instructions is not your strong suit. That’ why I came. Your very own personal manual.


You are kind of hard to read… and follow.

Only if you already made up your mind what you want and don’t want to do.


Guilty as charged. Call me 'Opinionated'. Anyway… we were talking…


Your favorite subject – weeds.


Help me out here.

You need to love growing plants more than you hate weeds.


Hmmm… that sounds vaguely familiar… once I heard somebody say that we need to love the truth more than we fear pain.


Same difference.

Same difference.

No comments: