Tuesday, October 29, 2013

In Over My Head





I could speculate a million things as to how and why the piggy got stuck inside the trundle bed. But none of it would help his predicament right now.

It was quite obvious to both of us that there was nothing, absolutely nothing he could do to set himself free. Clearly, that was my job.

And this is where the real torture came into this agonizing picture.  For the instant he saw me, he was greatly relieved – the help is finally on the way.  However, what piggy didn’t expect was that after I’d I arrived, I would just stand there, stare at him and do nothing about it… at least nothing right away.

What are you waiting for?!!! His little eyes pleaded. How can you just stand there, looking at me and do nothing?!!!

My lack of immediate action must have indicated a reprehensible callousness of heart to the already tormented creature. In his little mind, I had the power to fix the problem and not fixing it on his timetable revealed the cruelty of unimaginable proportions.
While wedged inside his trundle-bed prison everything that the piggy knew was true about me was tested as he waited, and waited, and WAITED... his eye unblinking on me.

Doesn't she love me? Does she even care?... If she loved me, she would do something...

What piggy didn’t understand was that just one wrong move on my part and that would be the end of the piggy.

He had absolutely no idea how dangerous of a pickle he got himself into this time.


Has God forgotten to be gracious, or has He in anger withdrawn His compassion? Then I said, “It is my grief, that the right hand of the Most High has changed.” Psalm 77:9-10

No comments: