Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Growth - It's Complicated




I pull up a chair and sit down.

Never before have I received a call from the Place Where Miracles Happen Every Day, and I certainly never thought that anybody working there knows my name.  They may know me as the ultimate brown-thumb loser, as the pathetic gardening wanna-be, the bottomless-pit of failure of all things green... But, to actually know my name, and use it with a semblance of respect....?!!

What follows flabbergasts me even more.

Namely, the word has gotten out about my garden and Mrs. Flowers thinks it would be simply marvelous if I could teach one of their gardening workshops. They will supply all that I may need and provide...

Teach a gardening workshop in the Place Where Miracles Happen Every Day?!!! The idea is so...so  outrageously outlandish... it has instant appeal.

This is crazy! Why would they want ME to teach a gardening workshop?

Along with the confusionI admit I feel enormously flattered by the offer. Plus, the reality is, I've been learning so much from the Gardener and I am bursting at the seams to pass it on to others. His revolutionary approach, his wacky method-in-his-madness... his uncompromising dedication to growing the gardener along with the tomatoes.... The more I think of it, the more I get excited.  We could multiply this by hundreds and thousands, and maybe even millions...we can change the landscape of the world by helping people understand that anybody can grow a garden.

It all sounds so good, I never even pause to question any of it. I say my enthusiastic yes to Mrs. Flowers and write down in my calendar the time and the date of our first strategic planning meeting.


No comments: