Monday, April 02, 2012

Intergalactic Communication - Help, I Need an Interpreter

As you can imagine, intergalactic communication has its own unique challenges. If God speaks thunder for example ten out of ten of us would be left speechless shaking stupid in our suede boots. Without an interpreter who is fluent in both languages, it’s really hard to translate lightening or tornado into human language without inducing hair-raising fear (John 12:28,29).

The presence of fear is not conducive to communication, intergalacting or human. But, if I know that the person behind the voice of thunder is my Dad, who is crazy about me, who loves me to pieces and would never ever do anything to harm me, I can actually relax, knowing that He is in charge, no matter how bad the storm might be.

Thunder, or lightening, or earthquake is not , I am repeating, is NOT God’s preferred mode of communication (I Kings 19:11,12). He has to use it sometimes to wake us up, because if we remain asleep, He knows that something much worse than a hurricane, or tsunami, or earthquake, or cancer is coming and unless we hear His voice and take the cover He provided, we will be swept away by it. It is His love that is trying to wake up the sleeping world.

But, for some people, that’s all they hear – a thunder, a tsunami, a tornado (John 12:29a).

Few, more discerning will recognize it as a voice of an angel (John 12:29b), carrying a special message to some specially initiated insiders. Personally, I would interpret the angel's message as calling people back to their Creator and Redeemer, because that’s what the worshiping angels are supposed to do for us humans, but what do I know?

And then there is a child of God, who knows the Father, who in the hour of fear and confusion, when the world is caving in on him, recognizes is Dad's reassuring voice and clear message (John 12:28)…

It’s O.K., My child… just as I have been with you all these years, I am certainly not going to leave you now… I am with you… I will manifest My presence through you… I will put the fulness of My character on display through you for all the world to see...Do not fear…

No comments: