Tuesday, April 03, 2012

God's Prefered Mode of Communication - Intergalactic Communication 101

So, what’s the problem? Why aren’t we hearing from God?


Part of it might go back to God’s aforementioned preferred mode of communication.

If I were God (which thankfully I am not), and if I wanted to get my message across, I would be on every network and cable channel, I would interrupt all the regular programming and saturate Facebook and blogosphere with THE LINK. I would use thunderous clouds to spell my messages in the sky to ensure total coverage.

All this to say, my ways are NOT God’s way.

Instead of all this, He chooses a gentle whisper, a soft breeze (I Kings 19:12) to convey His important message. He chooses to refrain from all that is at His omnipotent fingertips and allow us to choose to listen to Him. Wow! Now, that’ s different. So easily overlooked. So easily ignored. So easily misunderstood and misinterpreted.

No comments: