Sunday, December 13, 2020

a place of awakening cont.

 




The sand is seeping into my flip-flops, lodging between my toes.  I know it's just across the bridge and over the dune...

"There you are!" I light up. "I SEE you!"

"And there YOU are", roars the ocean, always happy to see me. "I see YOU too!"

I run and trip, the dry sand heaving under my feet until it turns soggy and I reach the very edge.  

Like the edge of a lavish robe.  

I can smell him.

I can hear him roar.

I can hear him breathe.

I can see him.  

Pregnant with incessant motion and rest. Dark and glistening silver and white. Deep calling to deep. 

The wind intensifies, enveloping us both.

I linger on the edge, waiting for him to make the first move.  I don't need to wait long. 

Now, I can feel him tickling my toes.

 I jump, backing off.

"You are too cold!"

"And you are too silly", laughs the ocean because little children are splashing and giggling and screaming all around me. 

"C'mon, let's play!", he calls.

"No, not today", I shake my head.  "Today I need to stay in the shallows."  

"Whatever you wish my dear..."

No comments: