Monday, October 20, 2014

Secrets Exposed





I march into our house heading straight towards the spare bathroom like I am on top of the world.  The view from the top, of course, is glorious. Possibilities seem endless. 

But, that day, I begin to discover that when you think or feel like you are on top of the world, the only way from there is down.  

My descent from the blazing light of the snow-capped Mt Everest is swift and decisive. 

It comes on me unexpectedly, attached to a long strip of pink-and-blue-and-pretty-flowers wallpaper gracing the bathroom walls.

The wallpaper was already peeling in a couple of places, but everything else looked fine on the outside.

All I did was just gave it a little tug.

What I didn’t know was that this pretty wall of ours with its minor cosmetic imperfections was hiding some pretty big secrets. And with my tiny little tug, with my innocent little pull those horrible secrets were exposed, now for the whole world to see.

The sight made me sick to my stomach.

For along with that seemingly harmless strip of wallpaper, part of the bathroom wall behind it came down as well.  

No comments: