Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Feed My Sheep






I turn to the Mount Sinai personified, standing next to me in the Gap t-shirt.. The all too familiar mixture of fury and powerlessness rages inside his gray eyes.

I lean in, lowering my voice to almost a whisper.

Mo, I start, this morning as I was getting ready to come here, I asked Jesus if He has anything He would like me to do today.

At the mention of the Name, Mo’s eyes grow a bit bigger, the fury subsides and settles into something akin to curiosity. 

For Moses knows Jesus. I would say, Moses fiercely loves Jesus to the best of his seven-year-old ability.

And you know what He told me? I continue. He shakes his head an imperceptible ‘no’.

I wait a few moments before I answer the question.

He said,


I wait some more before I add.  

I am not kidding. And then, I said, What?!!! And He said again,


That’s all. I had no idea what He meant when He said that. Do you have any idea?

Again, Mo shakes his desert-sand-and-wind head.

I was still scratching my head over it, when I got here. It wasn’t like He gave me a menu or ingredients or anything like that.  He just said,




No comments: