Monday, June 10, 2013

Joining the Party One Taste Bud at a Time




I am completely blindsided by his statement about insipid gardening and insipid worship. I never thought that one could put growing tomatoes, a pile of manure and worshiping God in the same paragraph… much less the same sentence.  Now I am scratching my head, wondering what he really meant when he'd offered me that 'all-inclusive' landscaping deal. All I wanted him to do is fix my yard, simple as that.  But, in the process, I am finding out that there is more – a LOT more - that needs fixing than my weed-infested lawn. 

I expect a long to-do list, a strategic plan and frontal attack, but he sidesteps all that and invites me into the kind of life I didn't know could exist on the Pembroke Drive. 

What stands out to me is that he wastes inordinate amounts of time on stuff like... lunch breaks!  In my former life, I never used to take lunch breaks  since it seemed like such a colossal waste of the prime hour of the day on something so inconsequential as eating food. 

My seven-year long manure fast, however, has had incredible effect on my taste buds - all ten thousand of them! They are wide awake now and eager to celebrate food in all its flavors, textures and delightful varieties.  

It feels like there is a party inside my mouth three times a day and I am just a learning to dance!


No comments: