Wednesday, June 19, 2013

From Awful to Awe-full in 6 seconds




According to the sign, Mom, the toll violation penalty is $100.  

By now I am on the verge of tears. 

This is just plain wrong, so not fair... sooo.... Before I am finished, I hear it crystal clear inside my head. 

…This finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly

Huh?!!!

…This...

finds favor...  

with God...

if ...

for the sake of conscience toward God... 

a person bears up under sorrows... 

when suffering ... 

unjustly
I know. I heard it.  It’s the stuff from the Pete’s Feed Store.  I write about stuff like that all the time. It doesn't apply.  Not in this situation. It’s the toll we are talking about. What he really meant when he said that… I can argue and rationalize with the best...

…This finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly

The steady, quiet persistence is getting to be unnerving.

For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. 

I take a deep breath, realizing now I am arguing with the better than the best.

And I have a choice to make. 

No comments: