Thursday, May 07, 2015

A Sleepy Head's Guide to Achievement






I got so many achievements last night, Mom.

I had a rough night, after a long, rough day. It’s way too early to make any kind of conversation, much less a conversation that involves making sense of such incongruous statement.  

Hmmm… I am waiting for the java juice to work its drip magic. How can you get achievements while you are sleeping?!?? I wish my life would work like that, racking up achievements while I sleep...

You know I am talking about Clash of Clans, right?

Of course,  I lie, still fantasizing about the achieve-while-you-sleep idea, waiting for his answer and the java-juice effect on my brain.

It’s because I was attacked so many times all throughout the night!

Suddenly I am wide awake, and he has my full attention.

You get achievements for being attacked?!!!

Now I really wish my life would work like that – getting achievements every time I am attacked - day and night!

Of course not!,  he laughs. That would be silly. You don't get achievements for just being attacked! You get achievements every time the attack on you fails. That’s how you get achievements. You get attacked. Your defense wards off the attack.  The attack fails. You get the achievement. The more attacks, the more opportunities for attack-fails. The more attack-fails, the more achievements. That’s how it works. 


In addition to all this take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16

No comments: