Thursday, April 25, 2013

Resurrection 101 - Too Much, Not Enough or Just Right



Those who don’t know the whole story might be inclined to say that Peter was a naturally-born leader, a logical pick, a no-brainer choice. Well,  he certainly was.  And yet, his natural talent and ability wasn’t enough for God to use him for His purposes. Or perhaps, it was too much.  So much of Peter that there was just no room for God.

Not enough.
 
Too much.

I teeter between the two.  A lot.

You are not enough. Spells inadequate.

You are too much.  Spells trouble

And sometimes, it's both at the same time!

I can try and try to fill the gaps… but the sum total of my gaps is much greater than the sum total of me.  It's hopeless. I need something… someone much bigger than me to fill my gaps.

I try to stay out of trouble. Honestly, I do.  But, try as hard as I can, trouble always seem to find me.  I can't explain it.  In fact, often the harder I try to stay out of trouble, the deeper I dig myself in.  My best efforts to stay out of trouble actually get me into trouble all the more. How hopeless is that?!! 

Until... until Jesus comes alongside – arguing  neither for nor against - and whispers into my ear.

You are just right… in Me. You are not too much for Me to handle. And those gaps? I AM... enough, for all your gaps, for every empty place ... .

Just right. I savor those words like dark chocolate melting on my tongue. 

Not too much.

Not not-enough.

Just right.

In Him.

The Cross opened our way to God. His blood filled my gaps and yours. It is finished.  His sacrifice fully sufficient. Enough. What we couldn't do for ourselves, God did. 

Your sins are forgiven, wiped clean, taken away.

Hard as it may be to wrap our minds and hearts around this, it is only a part of the story. There is more.  

There is more?!!!

Yes, there is more...

No comments: