Monday, December 07, 2020

a place of awakening

 

'hope rising hope descending' I love this piece as it tells the same story
but from two different perspectives when you flip it around


The moment the air hits me, I know I am at my destination. 

You wonder how do I know?

I can SMELL it!

The unmistakable salty-dried-sea-weed-coconut-SPF30-Subway-spicy-Italian tingling my nostrils reminds me to do something I so often forget:

Inhale. 

Hold.

Exhale!

And, then, again, but slower:

In-haaaa-le.

Ho-oooold.

Ex-haaaa-le.

This forgotten breathing-in-and-out-thingie reminds me there is more to me - more INSIDE me - than meets the eye. There is this BREATH inside me, but, sadly, most of my life I live holding it back really really tight.

I am near.  I can smell it. But I still can't see it.

The wind is messing up my hair and whispering into my ear. Through its sound, like a layered symphony - the screeching seagulls and inarticulate noises people on the beach make - I can distinguish a steady rhythmic low-rumble - wave in, wave out.

I can hear the ocean breathe!

Wave in.

Wave out.

Already there is a dialogue between us while neither one of us has said a single word!

I can smell him.  

I can hear him.

But I still can't see him.

No comments: