Saturday, August 24, 2013

Discouragement Reframed





It is this incredible humility of the Lord’s soft-spoken unassuming ways that takes us by surprise more than anything else… so unlike anything we see or recognize in or around us.

But His silence proves to be more powerful than all the noise we produce… His uncoerceive patience infuses dignity and value into every daily choice He graciously allows us to make…


Like a broken record player, the discouraged prophet has one message looping inside his head over and over again

I went all in for You LORD.  I’ve been working my heart out for You… and what kind of results I see? Your own people turned their backs on You. They turned their worship of You upside-down. They got rid of all Your true messengers and I am the only one left. And right now my own head is on the chopping block. This doesn’t make sense. It just doesn’t add up to who I've thought I knew You are…

That’s the discouragement impersonated.  But the prophet’s Lord knows and understands the prophet more than he knows and understands himself.

This journey, My dear one, is too great for you… the job is much bigger than you realize, My child. You are a part of a much, much larger story…. You may know where you fit with those who came before you but you have no idea how you fit with those who will come after you.  This story is much, much bigger than you can conceive or comprehend right now.


And  I want you to know that you are not all alone.  There are more people that love Me and serve Me than you realize.  I have plans and purposes hidden in My heart that you know nothing about. 

Do you trust Me, Elijah? Will you trust Me with what you don’t know and don’t understand yet?

No comments: