Thursday, July 10, 2014

Who's Picking Up Your Tab?





Seriously???UROS CASTI?!?!!, I chuckle in disbelief.

What does it mean? Our twelve-year-old asks absorbed in scrolling down the Clash of Clans notifications as he utilizes this newly acquired access to his life-line.

It… it...  means ‘It’s all on Uros. Namely, Uros pays everything, we all get to enjoy it. Free to us... to anyone... at Uros’s expense.’

The tab’s on Uros.

I scratch my head over this crazy Serb who opened his Internet door wide – no password no key, to friends and strangers, even foreigners alike.

This Uros doesn’t ask for your gender, or nationality, or political or sexual orientation or your creed before he lets you in.  He doesn’t interrogate you about what you have done or failed to do nor does he require special initiation rite.  

Truly it's up to you.

The door is open. Just come.

Uros doesn’t seem to concern himself with how you may use or abuse his wild, surprising generosity.  He doesn’t worry about how he might be empowering and enabling the behaviors and attitudes he may disagree with or disapprove. I agonize over this, because my 'generosity' is balanced and calculated. 

Uros also fails to leverage his generosity to further his impact. He gets absolutely no bang for his buck. He doesn’t tell you to go to this site and like this page nor does he block that site or that page. He doesn't use his generosity to further a cause of his choosing nor hinder his enemies. 

Free access. At his expense. Open to all.

The tab’s on Uros.


Who’s this Uros? Our son asks finally peeling his eyes off the screen.


I don’t know, but I have to find out.  Because I want to meet this Uros and learn how I can become more like him...



For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.  John 1:16-17

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice ... said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.” Revelation 4:1

Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:7-10

No comments: